Friday, November 04, 2016

Sending Out Important Invitations

As you may have noticed, dear guest, I am often required to send out vast quantities of invitations.  It is one of my usual occupations, of course.




How often have you been invited to create world peace, either as a solo performer or as part of an ensemble?

I do my best to ensure I do not inundate anyone with my hospitality and philanthropy though I am unsure as to why most mere mortals rarely reciprocate.  My suspicion is that they are lazy, socially awkward and reluctant to examine the required, prior readings.

There are never any ulterior motives associated with my magnanimity.  I never impolitely send anyone an invitation directly.

It is my deeply held belief that it is the responsibility of every invitee to acknowledge and respond, as appropriate.  I would also prefer at least a little kind reciprocity, though it seems most of my guests are rather ashamed of their own digital abodes.

As you may already be aware, I tremendously enjoy meeting enlightened world leaders in their usual and unusual environments.  From my extensive investigations, far and wide, I have formed the conclusion that most enlightened leaders are not associated with governments, parliaments or international institutions.

Next year, this salon is likely to be held on a more clearly scheduled, regular basis than has been usual in the past.  That means that I shall only send out invitations once a year.  All enlightened leaders will therefore be invited to attend each such occasion.

For many years, I have assumed you to be an enlightened world leader.  The most relevant moment, as far as your own future inclusion in my salon is concerned, happens to be now...




You are

cordially invited...



Today, you shall receive all your invitations to attend future expressions of my serene international salon for world peace.  I do hope you will remember to be here promptly at a mutually convenient hour on the first Friday of each month for the next few months, years and decades, until further notice.

Please remember to make a note in your diary in relation to timezones and significant conversational schedules.  I intend to be here just after midnight, according to my own highly reliable local timepiece.




  ...to arrive here

soon after midnight,

if at all possible...



I usually prefer to interact with my guests in the Adelaidezone timezone, though several persons from elsewhere have found such occasions to be deeply disrupting to their usual sleeping patterns.

It is certainly beneficial to encourage peaceful slumbers but not necessarily when there is important work to do.

The tasks for enlightened leaders yet to complete include:

1. Creating world peace

2. Providing global prosperity

3. Saving the world from various catastrophes




...on the first Friday

of every month...



To ensure you are familiar with the new routine, I shall expect you here by half past midnight on the following dates, if at all possible:

Friday 2 December 2016

Friday 6 January 2017

Friday 3 February 2017

And so forth


Meanwhile, you appear to have missed several early occasions here.  What a pity!





...appropriately prepared

for the duties ahead of you...



You will obviously wish to be more attentive in relation to your caring duties in future.  Today, we shall be considering history again, with an initial focus on the year 2012.

I know that such a year may seem like a very long time ago to you but there is much to learn from past events.  I also hope you are capable of following the ten simple rules for peace in the world.


Do you recall any of the following dates?


16 February 2012


1 March 2012
 
7 March 2012


8 March 2012

23 March 2012


17 April 2012


13 May 2012


7 June 2012

12 June 2012

18 June 2012

22 June 2012

28 June 2012

29 June 2012


16 July 2012


29 July 2012


11 August 2012

29 August 2012


22 September 2012

27 September 2012

28 September 2012


5 October 2012



2012 was a very interesting year in the world of ordinary mortals.  You, dear guest, obviously survived the 2012 phenomenon.


I would be additionally interested to know whether you remember anything of the year 2013, particularly the following dates:


23 February 2013

25 February 2013

26 February 2013


9 April 2013

24 April 2013


29 July 2013 


1 August 2013

6 August 2013

9 August 2013

19 August 2013

28 August 2013


28 August 2013


1 October 2013

15 October 2013

22 October 2013

24 October 2013
 
27 October 2013


Many of the notes attached to the dates mentioned above will soon no longer be available for ordinary mortals to view.  They are to be archived for the benefit of posterity.

Have you ever received an invitation to meet posterity?







And do you have any invitations for me?


RSVP